To improve health by providing quality, preventive health programs, and services to our residents in collaboration with community partners. Together we encourage healthy lifestyles, prevent disease, and promote safe, healthy environments where we live, work and play in Seneca County.
To create healthy communities and safe environments for all generations.
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
It is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities.
Social development involves the way that children relate to their social world and their ability to understand and express emotions, both their own and those of other individuals, such as their parents, teachers and other children. Social development involves learning to form and value relationships with others, feelings about self, and social adjustment to a variety of interactions over time.
Get the latest food inspection results for restaurants, school cafeterias, snack bars, and other food establishments in Seneca County at the below link.
National Public Health Week Video
Creating the healthiest nation starts with me!
Despite what we often hear and read, Americans are not the healthiest people in the world. In the U.S. we spend more on health care but live shorter lives and suffer more health issues than our peers in other high-income countries.
To create the healthiest nation, we all need to start by pledging to take two steps:
Creating a healthy me
We promise to eat well, exercise and get regular checkups. We will make healthy choices that improve our health and set an example for our family and friends.
Creating a healthy we
We recognize that there is a complex web of social and environmental factors that affect everyone’s health and limit the ability of many people to make healthy choices. Today we join the Generation Public Health movement to demand that our leaders consider these factors in all their decisions so that all people and all communities have the opportunity for long, healthy life.
It is only when we come together that we are strong enough to create the healthiest nation in one generation.
We are Generation Public Health.
Community Health Assessment
The Seneca County Lead Poisoning Prevention Program provides lead poisoning testing for children. Free lead poisoning prevention education and materials are available for families, the community and medical professionals.
- Seneca County Community Health Assessment 2016-2018
- Seneca County Community Health Improvement Plan
- Lead Poisoning Information & Prevention
- Boil Water Order for Willard Water District LiftedAs of 11/10/19 the boil water notice for the Willard Drug Treatment Center and the Willard Water District is now lifted. Boil Water Notice Lifted – Offical
- Household Hazardous Waste Drop Off DayAugust 17, 2019 For more details, view the flyer. Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Flyer
- 2019 Free Rabies ClinicsSeneca Count Free Rabies Clinics
- Winter 2018-2019 NewsletterThe Seneca County Health News Winter 2018-2019 newsletter is now available. If you would like to be added to our mailing list please contact us at (315) 539-1920 or by email at email@example.com. We hope you enjoy Volume 2, Edition 1. Winter 2018-2019 Newsletter