Founded in 1975, the Office for the Aging provides a number of services, both directly and through subcontracts, for Seneca County residents 60 years of age and over.
- Telephone Reassurance
- Home Delivered Meal
- Congregate Meals
- Energy Assistance (HEAP)
- Legal Assistance
- Recreation Programs
- Nutrition Counseling
- Mature Driving Course
- Home Repair
- Case Management
- In-Home Aide Service
- Emergency Response Units
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter
- Loan Closet
- Tax Counseling/Assist.
- Health Screenings (BP)
- Nutrition Education
- Educational Presentations
- Health Insurance Counseling
We have set, suggested contribution rates for some of our programs. Individuals are provided with a free and voluntary opportunity to contribute towards the cost of services. No senior citizen will be denied services through our office or its subcontractors because of the inability or unwillingness to contribute. All contributions remain confidential and are used to expand services. The one exception is the In-Home Services Program (EISEP). Depending on your income, there is a sliding fee scale used for this program.
Home Care Workers
- Expanded In-Home Services to the Elderly Program (EISEP)
- Registry of Privately Available Home Care Workers
- This is a listing of privately available home care workers who are interested in work in the area. The worker and the persons obtaining the registry both sign waivers of liability releasing the County from any responsibility.
Nutrition Program Information
- South County Home Delivered Meals
- This program provides home-delivered meals in south Seneca County. One hot noon meal containing 1/3 RDA is delivered five days/week to homebound, isolated senior citizens. In addition, shelf life meals are provided for evenings, weekends, and holidays. The suggested contribution is $2.25/hot noon meal, $1.75/supper meal, and $4.00 for the three-meal package for weekends, holidays, or emergencies.
- Meals on Wheels – North Seneca Co.
- This service provides one or two meals each day Monday through Friday delivered at lunchtime to homebound senior citizens who reside in north Seneca County. Each meal contains 1/3 of the recommended RDA. The suggested contribution is $3.30 per meal.
- Nutrition Counseling Information
- This service provides information and guidance to an individual and/or his/her caregiver to improve his/her health through proper nutrition. Based on the nutrition assessment, a care plan for counseling including follow-up is developed and implemented by a registered or a registration eligible dietitian.
- Seneca Farmers Market
- The Seneca Farmers Market in Seneca Falls is your direct link to family farmers, bakers, artisans, and crafters from around Seneca County. Visit every Wednesday from June 7th until mid- October for the freshest and tastiest produce around. Local really DOES taste better so come support your local growers and experience that “Right Off the Farm” difference!
- Seneca Farmers Market
- Caregiver Resource Guide
- Finger Lakes Chapter of American Red Cross
- For H.E.A.P. assistance contact the Office of the Aging at (315) 539-1765
- Human Services Directory of External Agencies
- NY CONNECTS
- N.Y.S. O.F.A.
- Weatherization Program
- Local Grocery and Pharmacy Operation Information COVID-19As of 3/24/2020 COVID-19 Local Grocery and Pharmacy Operation Information
- COVID – 19 INFOCOVID – 19 Information Sheet
- 2020 Census InformationAttached is information regarding the 2020 Census Census Info 2020
- Office for the Aging Closing InformationAttached is information regarding the closing of the Office for the Aging sites. For more information please call (315) 539-1765. Closing Information
- Wellness ProgramAttached is a flyer for a Wellness Program by Christina Ganzon, RD, CDN Wellness Program March-July 2020
- March 2020 Menu for Office for the AgingAttached is the menu for March 2020 at the Office for the Aging Nutrition sites. Please contact the site you wish to attend at least 24 hours in advance. March Menu 2020
- March 2020 Senior Citizen ActivitiesSeneca County’s Office for the Aging has announced its Senior Center activities for March 2020. The activities are held at the Senior Center in Waterloo and the Ovid Nutrition Sites. A complete list of activities is attached. Please call (315) 539-1780 for more information. March Activities 2020
- Seneca County Office for the Aging Nomination for Senior Citizen of the YearAttached is the flyer for nominating an individual for Senior Citizen of the Year. The deadline to submit resumes is Friday, April 3, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. Nomination Flier